2008 Ford Taurus Ten consumer reviews

$27,030–$28,880 MSRP range

side view of 2008 Taurus X Ford

86% of drivers recommend this auto

Rating breakdown (out of five):

  • Comfort 4.5
  • Interior blueprint 4.three
  • Performance four.2
  • Value for the money four.4
  • Exterior styling 4.3
  • Reliability 4.3

fun vehicle to drive

We accept enjoyed this vehicle very much. Nosotros have had mini vans in the by and wanted a vehicle with a little different look with vii seats available. This far exceeds our expectations.

Bear witness full review

Love my Taurus 10

I'm a German language car freak, but I've completely enjoyed my Taurus 10. It's comfortable for my family of 4, has as much space as my old mini-van withal nevertheless feels like driving a car.

Show full review

Best car we've ever bought

We got our 08 Taurus 10 most eight months ago and my married woman loves it. With two kids its the perfect family car. All the safety ratings I have read for this car are great, plus information technology has a ton of room inside. For the size of the car its hard to belive it gets such good MPG. And the new three.5 liter engine has 263 HP. To me thats unreal, to have a car this size with that much power and withal get around 23 MPG for usa in our every day driving. On a flat open up road with no head wind nosotros got 27 MPG for over xl miles once. At least that what the trip meter was saying. I would recommend this machine to whatever hard working family unit such as mine that demand a great car at a afordable price. The coin we save on gas is ane of the best things to me.

Show total review

Very Good Visitor Car

I've had the X since the first of the yr. I have the Limited Model with iv captain chair seats and larger engine and a agglomeration of options. Wish I had the nav system instead of the dvd player. operation is skilful. I cruise at lxxx and information technology is very smooth and placidity. Nice interior features, only fit and quality is not good - reminds me of sixty/70 vintage Chrysler stuff effectually the nuance. Sound organisation is superior. Cost $50 for the ipod patch cord into the Sync organization. This is a very good car. It's a tremendous value. Ford hit a habitation run if the reliability proves out. The X is good proof the Volvo - Ford union is working.

Testify full review

The best buy for your money

Ford has done a superb task with Taurus X. My wife drives it every day to piece of work with l%/fifty% city/highway and she averages about 22 MPG. Information technology is safe, convenient and offers the best value in its class.

Show total review

perfect for my 4 girls

We drove home our Tauras X 5 days ago. I dearest information technology. My girls are all comfy in thier seats. The stylish interior and comfortable ride are my favorites. A great family car.

Show full review

Awesome Car

I bought this car afterward ny onetime Astro broke down, information technology was actually more than of an impulse buy. The Air conditioning on the astro had died and it was similar 105 degrees and then we basically walked into the dealership, no background noesis, drove the car for 10 minutes and bought it. Information technology was probably the luckiest purchase because how much we dearest it. Family unit of 5, 3 big kids. Got the AWD version and get around 22 MPG's pretty steady. Not only that but afterwards when I did become around and compared it to other cars nosotros could have bought, I found that the storage was very substantial and the actual space in the car was way larger than any other: the GM Lambdas, veracruz, highlander, pilot... at least it seemed a lot bigger. Not only that, we have had no problems mechanically after fifty,000 miles. After researching information technology farther I was glad to find out that it has probably the highest safety ratings possible. And its quiet and comfortable to bulldoze. I dear the wheels. I am so glad I bought this car, of class I would love more than space but heck, for the mileage and versatility information technology is a good alternative between a SUV and minivan, and an awesome option over other cross overs. I would recommend this car to anyone. Ford Has a stellar product hither, if your in the marketplace, test information technology out.

Bear witness total review

Nice Crossover

I had an 05 Highlander and a few years agone, I hitting a deer and then got sideswiped by a kid who just got his license. While my car was in the shop, I rented a Freestyle and had it for a week. I liked it, specially because I never had owned or really driven an America made car. Well, my lease was upwards on the Highlander and I was about to get the 08, simply my kids reminded me how much we liked the Freestyle and then I showed up at the Ford dealer asking to test one. I was surprised that its the Taurus X now, only the proper name modify makes sense. I bought this a month ago (the basic SEL two seats in second row and third row seats and love it. Reminds me of the Volvo carriage I had in the 90s,only with all the up to appointment desgn tweaks. Overall, I am surprised I got this rather than the Highlander...after driving it a calendar month, I am finding I dearest it, I saved a package of dough and me and my kids accept lots of room inside. if you are in the market for a Honda Pilot or a Toyota Highlander, I would propose giving this a test drive. You may be pleasantly surprised. Oh, I got mine for 24k, and my gauge is that if the economic system continues to be weak, that Ford will discount this more.

Show total review

Seems actually nice to me

I just bought the Taurus X Eddie Bauer edition. Really dainty and comfortable and then far. The ride is smooth but does not feel disconnected from the road. The Taurus 10 has a lot more of a "powerful feel" to information technology. I drove the Freestyle and it felt underpowered. I am looking forrard to driving this dazzler more!

Show full review

Just what I needed

I love the 2008 Taurus-Ten express all cycle drive. This car has the cargo capacity I need to send my daughter?southward harp & the vii passenger seating provides great flexibility. The Taurus-X is lower to the ground (more sedan-like) that about crossovers making getting into and out easy? an of import characteristic if, like me, you take elderly or physically challenged riders. Access to the third row seat is user-friendly and the third row seats do accommodate adult passengers. While the engine is a fleck louder that what you find in luxury sedans, overall the Taurus rides very quietly and handles extremely well for a vehicle of its size. The lumbar support on the front seats is great on long drives. The but thing missing are crossbars for the roof rack (an odd omission by Ford).

Bear witness full review